Peer-Reviewed Publications (Cited >600 times*)
- Kidd, J., Barrios, A., Apul, O.G., Westerhoff, P. Perreault, F. Accepted. Removal of bromide from surface water: A comparison between silver-impregnated graphene oxide and silver-impregnated powdered activated carbon. Environmental Engineering Science.
- Gan, W., Venkatesan, A., Apul, O.G., Perreault, F., Yang, X. Westerhoff, P. Accepted. Bromide and other halide ion removal from drinking waters using silver-amended coagulation. Journal of AWWA.
- Ersan, G., Apul, O.G., Perreault, F., Karanfil, T. 2017. Adsorption of organic contaminants by graphene nano sheets: A review. Water Research, 126: 385-398.
- Linard, E., Apul, O.G., Karanfil, T., van der Hurk, P., Klaine, S. 2017. Bioavailability of carbon nanomaterial-adsorbed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to P. promelas: influences of adsorbate molecular size and configuration. Environmental Science and Technology, 51: 9288-9296.
- Ateia, M., Apul, O.,G., Shimizu, Y., Muflihah, A., Yoshimura, C., Karanfil, T. 2017. Elucidating adsorptive fractions of natural organic matter on carbon nanotubes. Environmental Science and Technology, 51: 7101-7110.
- Apul, O.G., Hoogesteijn von Reitzenstein, N., Schoepf, J., Ladner, D. Hristovski, K., Westerhoff, P. 2017. Superfine powdered activated carbon incorporated into electrospun polystyrene fibers preserve adsorption capacity. Science of the Total Environment, 592: 458-464.
- Garcia, J., Markovski, J., Gifford, J.M.K., Apul, O.G., Hristovski, K.D. 2017. The effect of metal (hydro)oxide nano-enabling on intraparticle mass transport of organic contaminants in hybrid granular activated carbon. Science of the Total Environment, 586: 1219-1227.
- Chen, C., Apul, O.G., Karanfil, T. 2017. Removal of bromide from surface waters using silver impregnated activated carbon. Water Research, 113: 223-230
- Apul, O.G., Delgado, A., Kidd, J., Alam, F., Dahlen, P., Westerhoff, P. 2016. Carbonaceous nano-additives augment microwave-enabled thermal remediation of soils containing petroleum hydrocarbons. Environmental Science: Nano, 3: 997-1002.
- Apul, O.G., Dahlen, P., Delgado, A., Sharif, F. and Westerhoff, P. 2016. Treatment of heavy, long-chain petroleum-hydrocarbon impacted soils using chemical oxidation Journal of Environmental Engineering-ASCE, 04016065.
- Ersan, G., Kaya, Y., Apul, O.G. and Karanfil, T. 2016. Adsorption of organic contaminants by graphene nanosheets, carbon nanotubes and granular activated carbons under different natural organic matter preloading conditions. Science of the Total Environment, 565: 811-817.
- Ersan, G., Apul, O.G. and Karanfil, T. 2016. Linear solvation energy relationships (LSER) for adsorption of organic compounds by carbon nanotubes. Water Research, 98: 28-38.
- Partlan, E., Davis, K., Ren, Y., Apul, O.G., Mefford, T.M., Karanfil, T. and Ladner, D. 2016. Effect of bead milling on chemical and physical characteristics of activated carbons pulverized to superfine sizes. Water Research, 89: 161-170.
- Zhou, Y., Apul, O.G. and Karanfil, T. 2015. Adsorption of halogenated aliphatic contaminants by graphene nanomaterials. Water Research, 79: 57-67.
- Apul, O.G., Zhou, Y. and Karanfil, T. 2015. Mechanisms and modeling of halogenated aliphatic contaminant adsorption by carbon nanotubes. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 295: 138-144.
- Linard, E., Van den Hurk, P., Karanfil, T., Apul, O.G. and Klaine, S. 2015. Influence of carbon nanotubes on the bioavailability of fluoranthene. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 34: 658-666.
- Bliznyuk, V., Duval, C., Apul, O.G., Seliman, A., Husson, S and DeVol, T. 2015. High porosity scintillating polymer resins for ionizing radiation sensor applications. Polymer, 56: 271-279.
- Apul, O.G. and Karanfil, T. 2015. Adsorption of synthetic organic contaminants by carbon nanotubes: A critical review. Water Research, 68: 34-55.
- Wang, Q.L., Apul, O.G., Xuan, P., Luo, F. and Karanfil, T. 2013. Development of 3D QSPR model for adsorption of aromatic compounds by carbon nanotubes: Comparison among multiple linear regression, artificial neural network and support vector machine. Royal Society of Chemistry Advances, 3: 23924-23934.
- Ellerie, J.R., Apul, O.G., Karanfil, T. and Ladner, D.A. 2013. Comparing graphene, carbon nanotube, and superfine powdered activated carbon as adsorptive coating materials for ultrafiltration membranes. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 261:91-98.
- Apul, O.G., Wang, Q., Shao, T., Rieck J. and Karanfil, T. 2013. Predictive model development for adsorption of aromatic contaminants by multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Environmental Science and Technology, 47(5):2295-2303.
- Apul, O.G., Wang, Q., Zhou, Y. and Karanfil, T. 2013. Adsorption of aromatic organic contaminants by graphene nanosheets: Comparison with carbon nanotubes and activated carbon. Water Research, 47(4):1648-1654.
- Apul, O.G., Shao, T., Zhang, S. and Karanfil, T. 2012. The impact of carbon nanotube morphology on phenanthrene adsorption. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 31(1):73-78.
- Apul, O.G. and Sanin, F.D. 2010. Ultrasonic pretreatment and subsequent anaerobic digestion under different operational conditions. Bioresource Technology, 101(23):8984-8992.
- Apul, O.G., Atalar, I., Zorba, G.T. and Sanin, F.D. 2010. The dewaterability of disintegrated sludge samples before and after anaerobic digestion. Drying Technology, 28(7):901-909.
- Apul, O.G., Dogan, I. and Sanin, F.D. 2009. Can capillary suction time be an indicator for sludge disintegration? Journal of Residual Science and Technology, 6(3):99-104.
*According to Google Scholar